A new feature for SilverStripe should be ...

Update TinyMCE to 4.x

Update TinyMCE to 4.x. This will bring a far more modern user experience for content authors and general CMS users.

111 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Owen Windsor shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joris Debonnet commented  · 

It looks like it's been a while since there was an update on this (the last comment on that pull request is from December 2014, and then there was some talk on the Core Development Google group almost a year ago).

I'm going to assume this will not be a part of SS3.2 since it was not mentioned there, but the pull request sets the milestone to SS4.0. I really think we should at some point have this in SS3 though, shouldn't that be possible?

• Anonymous commented  · 

From what I can see from over the weekend, this isn't planned it is actually in progress.

• Joris Debonnet commented  · 

I was wondering whether there is any more info on this: will it make it into 3.2? I'm sure we all hope so :)

• Tom commented  · 

Not sure how hard this would be, but maybe if there was a better abstraction layer between the CMS and editing, there could be a way to create drop-in editors as modules later on. (Also I'm not sure whether this deviates in regards of support for markup/markdown and whatnot)

Feedback and Knowledge Base