A new feature for SilverStripe should be ...

Stop using the base tag

Hello,
using the base tag should not be needed and it could create problems when using anchors, especially when they are used to refer to SVG image resources: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/SVG/Attribute/xlink:href

At the moment we successfully managed to use SilverStripe without the base tag but that involved extending the Page class with a onBeforeWrite event that appended the absolute path to the src="assets/..." uri generated by tinymce.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Giovanni D. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dominik Beerbohm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'am absolutly against this.
        I see how other "cms"-systems works where you have to manually update all database tables before you can move the site from development to live server ...

I never had problems with the base-tag. But what I can say ... some poor programmed bots have.

• Colin Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm out of votes but will comment to offer my support to this, especially as I ran into it this morning. The SVG itself can be dealt with but removing base tag would be a better solution long term.

Feedback and Knowledge Base